Adventures in Screenwriting Vol. 2

Hola everyone! I wish I could come straight out and say to you that I've made a lot of progress on my feature length screenplay and that I'm totally on track with my chosen career. Unfortunately I can't say that since I haven't made any progress on my screenplay since the last time I posted an Adventures in Screenwriting entry.

Time management is a very important part of everyday life. It's something some people excel at and something some people fail at miserably. I like to think that I fall somewhere in the middle of that scale.

Sometimes I feel as though I just have too much to do and more often than not it's my writing that falls through the cracks. In an average week I work approximately 20hrs a week, study for university, work on my novel, update my blog, film, edit and update my youtube channel, play netball and attempt to maintain some sort of social life. Those are just the things I have to do. Then I have the things I want to do like work on my screenwriting, read books, play video games, catch up on television shows, etc.

What I really need to do is I need to get better at managing my time. My guess is that's not going to happen overnight, it's something I'm going to really need to work on. Basically I need to stop re-watching television shows when I could be doing something more productive. Of course every now and then I am going to need to take some time for myself since writing, studying and working takes a lot out of you. But for the most part I really need to sit down and make a goals list and a 'How Do I Achieve These Goals' list. Once I've done that I'm hoping I'll be better at managing my time.

Stay random!
~ Jenna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 'Pete Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2

Flashback Friday: Descendants - Movie Review

Top 5 'Karen Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2